CORE COURSE PART I
Duration: 10-11hrs. spanning 2 days + exams.
The second Part of CORE can be taken before or after Part I and is superseded by the Canadian Firearms safety Course.
COURSE TOPICS: History of Firearms, ammunition, action types, safe handling, legal storage and transport and Social responsibilities.
TYPICAL COURSE ITINERARY:
- Friday Night from 6:00pm to 9:30pm
- Saturday morning at 8:00am until 6:30pmish with a .5hr lunch break
Final Examination: Following the lessons, students will be expected to demonstrate his or her comprehension through a 50 question, multiple-choice exam followed by a practical firearms handling exam
UPGRADE Students may Choose to upgrade to a CORE-PAL Combo and complete the CFSC Exams to be able to obtain both an FWID as well as a PAL.
TOPICS COVERED IN CORE PART II INCLUDE:
- The history of firearms and ammunition
- Ammunition anatomy and design
- Firearms basic action types and anatomy
- Safe practices and handling of unrestricted firearms(ACTS and PROVE)
- Operating firearm actions
- Safe shooting and carry procedures
- Firing techniques and procedures
- Care and maintenance of non-restricted firearms
- Social responsibilities of the firearms owner/user
- Safe and legal storage, display and transportation of non-restricted firearms.
CORE Course Part I: Firearms & Ammunition (REGISTRATION)
- Product Code: CORE-I
- Availability: In Stock